• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

newbee99

What is the name of the state ? California

I was trying to parallel park in front of my home and accidentally bumped into the bumper of another parked car. My car did not have any damage, but looks like the other car needs a new bumper. I put a sticky pad note on the bumper with my number and also took some pictures. When I woke up the next day, noticed that it rained quite heavily the night before and there is a good chance the note might have washed out. Needless to say I have not recieved any call so far.

I called the police next day and explained them the same and they said as long as I left a note ( I have proof of that in the pictures I took) I should be ok and there is no need to file a report. I also called my apartment office and told them about the incident and asked them to call me if somebody comes asking.

Is there anything else I need or can do to help this stranger ( the car had an out of state license plate). I really want to take care of this.

Thanks

Last edited:

ecmst12

If you didn't get the tag number, there's not a whole lot you can do. Hopefully they got the note before the rain started.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">