• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

backedinto

What is the name of your state? texas

I was leaving work and was exiting the parking lot. Next thing I know, I hear a crunch. A lady backed up into me, causing $3,000 of damage to the side of my car.
She was furious and yelling, saying that I was travelling too fast. She was really quite beligerant.
Her insurance company came back and said I have to pay 30% of everything because they believe I was travelling too fast. I was going maybe 20mph. My agent said there was nothing I could do. Later I find out there is something-to get my insurance company to investigate so I did that. They haven't yet given me their decision and I'm afraid they are going to say the same thing or similar. I dont understand how someone can back up into me and I have to pay?
Do I have any recourse besides getting a lawyer? Will getting ugly with my adjuster help? I've been extremely polite through this whole thing but I am so frustrated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">