• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Lot Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vandriver855

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

Last week I was trying to exit mall parking lot and a man exiting a parking row slid into the passenger side of my van. The parking lot is set up so that there are numerous parking rows with two lanes on the far east and far west side to follow to leave or enter the lot. The lot was snow covered from a recent storm and the other driver admitted he was unable to stop and slid into me. His insurance co states that since it happened in a public parking lot that it is a no fault accident and therefore I am not able to recoup any damages to my vehicle. His vehicle was unharmed.

HomeGuru

vandriver855 said:
What is the name of your state? Nebraska

Last week I was trying to exit mall parking lot and a man exiting a parking row slid into the passenger side of my van. The parking lot is set up so that there are numerous parking rows with two lanes on the far east and far west side to follow to leave or enter the lot. The lot was snow covered from a recent storm and the other driver admitted he was unable to stop and slid into me. His insurance co states that since it happened in a public parking lot that it is a no fault accident and therefore I am not able to recoup any damages to my vehicle. His vehicle was unharmed.
**A: thanks for writing.

mykoleary

...and a man exiting a parking row slid into the passenger side of my van.... I am not able to recoup any damages to my vehicle...
How fat was this guy that he damaged your car sliding into it???

V

vandriver855

ParkingLot Accident

In my orginal inquiry, I ment to ask it this seemed like a real law or is the insurance company just trying to get out of paying. I am contemplating Small Claims course, would value any relevant opinions.

HomeGuru

Re: ParkingLot Accident

vandriver855 said:
In my orginal inquiry, I ment to ask it this seemed like a real law or is the insurance company just trying to get out of paying. I am contemplating Small Claims course, would value any relevant opinions.
**A: please tell us what your insurance company told you when you asked them.

Last edited:
V

vandriver855

parking Lot Accident

My insurance co said that if I wanted to have them pay the claim they could go after the other co. The problem is that my deductible is $500.00 and the total damage is $820.69, not only will I have to pay the 5 hundred up front my premium will automatically raise. They said it is up to me what choice I want to make. I am thinking the best course of action is small claims against the other driver, since he admitted that he was unable to stop and slid a foot and a half into the side of my vehicle.

HomeGuru

Re: parking Lot Accident

vandriver855 said:
My insurance co said that if I wanted to have them pay the claim they could go after the other co. The problem is that my deductible is $500.00 and the total damage is $820.69, not only will I have to pay the 5 hundred up front my premium will automatically raise. They said it is up to me what choice I want to make. I am thinking the best course of action is small claims against the other driver, since he admitted that he was unable to stop and slid a foot and a half into the side of my vehicle.
**A: well there you have it.

V

vandriver855

The answers being given are vague, Does it seem that the best course of action is Small Claims or would I just be waiting time and money.:confused:

HomeGuru

vandriver855 said:
The answers being given are vague, Does it seem that the best course of action is Small Claims or would I just be waiting time and money.:confused:
**A: yes, you would be waiting your time and money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">