• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking lot accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

theforeigner117

I live in California. My mom was just in an accident where she was in a parking lot moving down a one way lane. A car next to her was going to pull out so she began to back-up to let the car out so that she could take its space. While she was backing up, a car behind her was pulling out of a spot and hit the side of her car.

Is my mom at fault or is the car that backed out of the space into her at fault?

dawggoneit

My hubbie did the same thing in the walmart parking lot. He was faulted for it......I cant say whos right or wrong...but thats what happened to him....he wasnt given a citation because he was on private property.

ecmst12

Was the other car pulling forwards out of the space or backing out? If forwards, then your mom is at fault. If both vehicles were backing up, then both were equally at fault.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">