• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking lot accident, no insurance.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tricci

What is the name of your state? Minnesota.

A friend of mine was in an accident in the parking lot of her work. A co-worker backed into her. Come to find out, this co-worker doesn't have insurance and there is nothing the police can do since it was on private property. The damages to my friend's car came to $2500.00. This accident happened almost a month ago. She told the co-worker that she had until today at 10:30 in the morning to pay or they would be going to court. The co-worker called in sick today! But we did find out that she had been calling other employees who saw the accident, asking them what they saw. One employee said he was going to tell the truth and this woman got mad and hung up. What other choice does my friend have besides taking her co-worker to court? This woman and her husband have been calling my friend at night and fighting with her and calling her names. She has also been leaving threatening notes in her in-box at work.

T

tricci

Not a duplicate post

I am speaking about the same accident, but things have changed. The co-worker LIED and did not have insurance when the accident happened. She was only willing herself (not the insurance company) to pay for half of it. She was saying she did not want to report it to her insurance because it was high already, but she never had it to begin with. I don't know what my friend can do about this now short of taking her to court.

Beth3

What other choice does my friend have besides taking her co-worker to court? None. If the co-worker won't pay for the damage voluntarily, then that's what we have courts for. Due to the modest dollar amount, your friend can pursue this in small claims court.

This woman and her husband have been calling my friend at night and fighting with her and calling her names. Then your friend should quit answering her phone and let the answering machine screen her calls.

She has also been leaving threatening notes in her in-box at work. Your friend needs to report the threatening notes to company management and allow them to deal with this aspect of the situation.

JETX

tricci said:
I am speaking about the same accident, but things have changed.
Okay, then you return to your ORIGINAL post and click on 'POST REPLY'.... and give your new 'update'. You don't start a NEW thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">