• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Lot accident no insurance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

margiek

What is the name of your state? Virginia
What are the laws regarding accidents in parking lots?
I was the driver without insurance. I was not the person at fault, however I was the person with no insurance. My car sustained little damage, the other car had quite a bit of damage. The police were not
called, we exchanged information. I called the person when I got home to inform them that my insurance
had been canceled due to non payment. I asked them to get me 3/quotes so I would know what amount of damage we were looking at. she came back with 2/ both around $3000.00. this happened on Jan. 27th
2006. She just turned it in to her insurance company. Her insurance company is calling me and I am not sure if I should talk to them or not. I'm not sure what to expect. Do I talk her insurance company?
What can I expect? will I loose my license? Can I be sued?
Do I need an attorney?

Last edited:

averad

I am going to answer your question using the information you provided.

The law states http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/citizen/drivers/vadm/vadm3-1.asp

I dont think a driver can be something that doesn_t exist.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1301/what9hu.jpg

Things to include in your post:
1) What happened!!!

Answers with the information provided:
1) You were hit and the other driver is uninsured.
* Call the police and get all the information of the other driver. Take pictures of the accident and the surrounding parking lot. File a police report when the office arrives and file a claim with your auto insurance. Your uninsured motorist coverage should cover the damage.

2) You hit the other driver and your uninsured.
* The other person does all the stuff above and their insurance comes after you for money.

Last edited:

margiek

parking lot accident no insurance

I thought I had insurance at the time of the incident which was on Jan. 27th
2006. I was backing out of a parking space, there were no oncoming cars.
I was in the middle of the lane when I saw a car sppeding towards me.
I hit my brakes and the car hit me in the rear. While I sustained no real damage to my car I could see the other car was not as lucky. We exchanged
information, the police were not called. When I got home is when I found out
My insurance card was no good. It had been canceled due to lack of payment.
I called the person to let them know I had no insurance. So I asked her to get
me 3 quotes, she came back with 2/ Each around $3000.00.
She has just reciently turned this in to her insurance company. The have been calling me for 2 days. I am not sure what to do. Do I talk to her insurance ccompany? She hit me however @ the time I had no insurance. I
do now but that is irrelevant. I really do not know what to expect or
what I should do. I would appreciate any advise I could get right now.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">