• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking lot accident no insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

theotowns

What is the name of your state? TN

I got into an accident in a private parking lot were both parties were backing up. There were no police report and he said his insurance would be contacting me. At the time I had no insurance, am I at fault? Am I reliable for his damage?

ecmst12

Without more details it's hard to say, but if you were both backing up then you were probably both equally at fault and you should each cover your own damages.

theotowns

I am breaking the law by not having insurance does that make me respondsible? To let you know more deatail I overshot a parking spot and was baking up as he was backing out of one. I can't prove it but I think he pulled out pretty fast because he came out of nowhere.

alnorth

Having no insurance is irrelevant to your liability, if you are equally at fault youll likely just pay for your own damage, unless his car is a lot worse off than yours.

The lack of insurance only puts you at risk of losing your license and/or getting fined, as well as proving your own foolishness.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">