• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking lot mishap

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

monikalynn

What is the name of your state? Ohio

My son backed into another car at a park. He left a note on her car with his name and phone # for her to contact him. They spoke and she got an estimate which we want to pay out of pocket to keep his claims down on his insurance (he just turned 18 and has no claims). She in the meantime contacted the park ranger who now wants to meet with my son to file an accidnet report along with a crime report. They are calling it a "hit and skip"???? My first question is: How can this be called that when he left all his information for her and 2) by us paying out of pocket, are we responsible for a loaner car for her?

thank you

FlyingRon

They are blowing smoke. In Ohio if you strike an unoccupied vehicle and there are no injuries, you need only attach your information conspicuously to the vehicle. It's not hit and "anything."

monikalynn

re: parking lost mishap

Thanks for your response. this whole thing has us really upset. Do you know if we are responsible for her to get a loaner car while her car is being repaired?

alnorth

Thanks for your response. this whole thing has us really upset. Do you know if we are responsible for her to get a loaner car while her car is being repaired?
Probably, for a reasonable amount of time to get the car fixed (ie not months and months).

ecmst12

Take the number of hours of labor on the estimate and divide by 5. Take into account weekends, and that's how many days of a rental car you're responsible for. You don't have to pay for a luxury rental either, basic transportation is all they need. Tell them to give you the receipt, so you know they actually rented the car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">