• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking lot problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Avious

What is the name of your state? Alabama

Hi,
My wife as at work last night at our local walmart. Their was a storm last night with very strong winds. When my wife got off work, she noticed a shopping cart turned on its side and a nice dent in the rear panel of my truck. Walmart says that they aren't responsible because parking in the parking lot relinquished all liability. I thought that if you had no choice in where to park, you aren't giving up rights to claim liability against an employer. Since there was a storm going on, the shopping cart pullers didn't get in the carts.

The places I have worked has said that if your vehicle is damaged while you are on the clock working for the company, then all damages are covered by the company. If you are not scheduled for work and your vehicle gets damaged, they are not responsible. My question is: Should I pursue this in order to get Walmart to cover the damages on our trucks since she was actually on the clock working when this happened?

Thanks in advance.

tammy8

Wow I hav enever heard of a company being responsible for the vehicles in a parking lot.

I seriously doubt as large as Walmart's legal teams are you will get anything out of them but it never hurts to ask.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">