• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking partly in front of my driveway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jodymoore

California

My question is someone is parked in front of you house, but with the tail of their car in front of your driveway, and you back out and hit the tail whos fault would it be?

I have a very steep driveway so backing out of it you cant see low, however, I looked back and saw nothing, The tail end of this persons car was about 3 feet into my driveway, I which I could not see or did I expect someone to be parked in front of my driveway like that, I hit them (not bad of course im only pulling out of my driveway) and they want me to pay. Is that right?

Jody

ecmst12

You are 100% at fault any time you hit an object that is NOT MOVING with your moving car. Pay for the damage or turn it over to your insurance company. If you can't see when backing out of your driveway, don't back out. Back IN to your driveway so you are going forward when you pull out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">