• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Partial Payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ovarb

What is the name of your state? Iowa

My inlaws were recently involved in an accident in which their truck was rearended. A police report was filed and I believe all the proper steps of reporting the accident were taken. My mother in law suffered slight neck injuries and started visits with a chiropractor and later settled with a $500 check to cover the rest of her visits.The other driver offered to fix the truck out of his own pocket but my inlaws decided to get estimates. One of the shops had an estimate of $3700 and when the at-fault driver's adjuster went to the same shop for an estimate it was nearly 2k less, how can that be? They were told shops often give better deals to adjusters, is this true? Also, their insurance company is offering to give a partial payment check for the damages and later pay the rest if they have to. My feeling is that they should only accept full payment? Any help is greatly appreciated.

HomeGuru

ovarb said:
What is the name of your state? Iowa

My inlaws were recently involved in an accident in which their truck was rearended. A police report was filed and I believe all the proper steps of reporting the accident were taken. My mother in law suffered slight neck injuries and started visits with a chiropractor and later settled with a $500 check to cover the rest of her visits.The other driver offered to fix the truck out of his own pocket but my inlaws decided to get estimates. One of the shops had an estimate of $3700 and when the at-fault driver's adjuster went to the same shop for an estimate it was nearly 2k less, how can that be? They were told shops often give better deals to adjusters, is this true? Also, their insurance company is offering to give a partial payment check for the damages and later pay the rest if they have to. My feeling is that they should only accept full payment? Any help is greatly appreciated.

**A: I agree.......

ovarb

Thank you. It seems they're giving themselves a way out of paying any more.

I had lunch with my inlaws today and found out that the $500 check to cover the medical bills has only been sent and not cashed. I'm trying to get my mother to get a more thourough medical opinion but it seems they're satisfied with the check. Is it too late to refuse the money?

HomeGuru

ovarb said:
Thank you. It seems they're giving themselves a way out of paying any more.

I had lunch with my inlaws today and found out that the $500 check to cover the medical bills has only been sent and not cashed. I'm trying to get my mother to get a more thourough medical opinion but it seems they're satisfied with the check. Is it too late to refuse the money?
**A: advise them to see a PI attorney.

ovarb

PI- Personal Injury?

Is it too late for her to get a complete physical? Please elaborate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">