• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Party at fault never reported accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jonboy

I live in Massachusetts and the party at fault was on the job as an employee of Home Depot. He was driving the Home Depot truck backwards down a one way street the wrong way and hit my stopped car. There were no passengers, no witnesses recorded, no police, no damage to his truck, minor front end damage to my car, and a verbal confession. After a month I called my insurance company to check on the status of my claim and they said that they have not responded to me because the other party has not reported the accident. Therefore, my insurance company is forcing me to pay the deductable. Is there anything I can do?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jonboy said:
I live in Massachusetts and the party at fault was on the job as an employee of Home Depot. He was driving the Home Depot truck backwards down a one way street the wrong way and hit my stopped car. There were no passengers, no witnesses recorded, no police, no damage to his truck, minor front end damage to my car, and a verbal confession. After a month I called my insurance company to check on the status of my claim and they said that they have not responded to me because the other party has not reported the accident. Therefore, my insurance company is forcing me to pay the deductable. Is there anything I can do?

My response:

If you have a witness or more that can corroborate your fact situation, then all you can do is sue Home Depot and the driver. If you failed to get witness information, you're basically out of luck because you'll never be able to prove your facts.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">