• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

passenger in friend's crashed car needs advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hokiefan816

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? VA

My step-daughter was a passenger in her friends car on August 20th, 2003 when her friend crashed her car. No accident report was filed and the police were not called. My step-daughter went to the emergency room to be checked over and was diagnosed with a concussion and a badly bruised arm. My step-daughter was on medicaid at the time and presented her card at the emergency room when she was treated. The bills to the hospital and the x-ray tech total over $1,500.00 and medicaid won't pay because the injuries occurred while step-daughter was a passenger in her friend's car. My question is: Who is liable for the hospital bill and is it too late report the accident to the friends insurance?

K

knotcops

It is not to late to file a claim with the insurance. This should have been done in the beginning. Since she was a passanger, she would be covered under the bodily injury liability section of the friends policy.

pele

Hopefully, someone on this forum will have the answer for you. You should find out how much damage there was to the car. Usually, if it is over a certain amount, the accident MUST be reported to the police. Good luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">