• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Passenger injured, who will pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MyRN

My boyfriend and I were in an accident about 3 weeks ago. I was driving, he was the passenger. The accident was caused by the other car not yielding the right of way. He accepted responsibility. I will be getting my car repaired by his insurance company. I was not injured. My boyfriend, however, aggavated his allready injured back. Now he cannot work or go to school for an indefinate period of time. The problem is that at the time of the accident, I had NO INSURANCE. Question, is he entitled to go after the other insurance company for his injuries, or does the fact that I had no insurance negate his claim ? I feel badly that I might have put anyone in this bad position. How does he have to go about this? Does he need to get his own attorney then? Can he turn around and hold me responsible and try to collect by suing me? This was a really stupid move on my part. I would appreciate any information you could give on this matter. We live in California. Thank you for your time and effort, really appreciate it!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">