• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying Back Insurance Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikeb7418

What is the name of your state? PA

We were involved in an accident that was not our fault (other insurance company has assumed full responsibility...we were rear ended while stopped in traffic). Everyone in my car was injured. They already paid to fix our car (over 8k damage) half a year ago at the time of the accident. The at fault driver had $30k coverage. I understand Pa is a no fault state for medical so my insurance company has been paying all of our medical bills. The at fault insurance company is in the process of issuing us checks (for each of us individually) totalling 30k because they acknowledge we are way beyond that amount for pain and suffering (two of us received hernitated discs, bulging discs, scars, etc.
). Question...I believe this is for pain and suffering..do we need to pay back my auto insurance company anything from this amount for health costs paid, etc.? I have a decent amount of under insurance coverage with full tort so we will be pursuing additional amounts with my insurance company once the extent of injuries is known or within the two year time limit, etc. Thanks.

ecmst12

No, your auto insurance will not have to be paid back for your medical bills. If you'd used your health insurance, you'd have to pay them back, but not your auto.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">