• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paying insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Amylife

paying auto insurance

What is the name of your state? Florida.
I have to leave the country for working reason. The car it won't be use at all.
It will be storage. Could you tell me if I have to keep paying the insurance? I'm still and will keep paying my car installments.

Last edited:

justalayman

Amylife said:
What is the name of your state? Florida.
I have to leave the country for working reason. The car it won't be use at all.
It will be storage. Could you tell me if I have to keep paying the insurance? I'm still and will keep paying my car installments.
If you have a loan on the car (it would seem to be so) and the leinholder requires you to have insurance, then yes you need to continue insurance coverage.

You may be able to lower it to comprehensive only. Check with the leinholder (or your loan agreement) to verify.

Be careful though. I don't know what Fla statutes are in regards to this but some states require you to have insurance any time the car is registered. You may need to turn in your registration to avoid penalties.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">