• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Payment for inconvenience in auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GinaMD

What is the name of your state? IL
In Nov, another auto backed into my car and caused $1567 in damages to my car which is worth about $2000. My car is a 1992 but in mint condition, the inside looks brand new.
The other driver is at fault and their insurance company paid $1334 and states that they can't pay for R&I (the removal of parts) because I am not fixing the car. We decided not to fix it because of the amount of damage is just too close to the value. So, I accepted their offer but stated they were making my life "miserable". They are poor on the service end and I ended up making a lot of phone calls and driving around town getting estimates which they didn't even bother comparing to their estimate.

I am also being treated by a chiropractor for neck pain. The insurance company stated they are going to pay the medical bills. Also they said they will be paying me for the "inconvenience". They also said I need to sign-off on the settlement. I am waiting for correspondence by mail on this. My question is how much do I accept for the inconvenience? I guess I never heard of such a thing, but I am thankful they offered to pay me this, because this has been a huge inconvenience especially since right before the accident we were going to sell the car. Now I am stuck with a wrecked car which looks aweful and I hate to be seen driving it.

After the accident, I was in shock and couldn't get out of my car. Also, we had just moved to IL, and I am still looking for a job, and I just got married. So, on top of all this stress, came the car accident.Well, that's all. Your comments, suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

HomeGuru

GinaMD said:
What is the name of your state? IL
In Nov, another auto backed into my car and caused $1567 in damages to my car which is worth about $2000. My car is a 1992 but in mint condition, the inside looks brand new.
The other driver is at fault and their insurance company paid $1334 and states that they can't pay for R&I (the removal of parts) because I am not fixing the car. We decided not to fix it because of the amount of damage is just too close to the value. So, I accepted their offer but stated they were making my life "miserable". They are poor on the service end and I ended up making a lot of phone calls and driving around town getting estimates which they didn't even bother comparing to their estimate.

I am also being treated by a chiropractor for neck pain. The insurance company stated they are going to pay the medical bills. Also they said they will be paying me for the "inconvenience". They also said I need to sign-off on the settlement. I am waiting for correspondence by mail on this. My question is how much do I accept for the inconvenience? I guess I never heard of such a thing, but I am thankful they offered to pay me this, because this has been a huge inconvenience especially since right before the accident we were going to sell the car. Now I am stuck with a wrecked car which looks aweful and I hate to be seen driving it.

After the accident, I was in shock and couldn't get out of my car. Also, we had just moved to IL, and I am still looking for a job, and I just got married. So, on top of all this stress, came the car accident.Well, that's all. Your comments, suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
**A: get a free opinion from a local personal injury attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">