• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Payment for a "Not that serious accident"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DStrange

Oregon:

I got in an accident in early Sept. I went to the emergency room ($1600) a week later was not feeling better so I went to a private physisian ($185) he prescribed me more medicine and 8 sessions of P.T.. ($1600)

I have just finished physical therapy and am talking to the claims adjuster about the inccurring bills. Today she stated that she was unsure if she was going to beable to pay all of these bills because the accident "WASN'T THAT SERIOUS". Now granted he (the person that hit me was not going that fast however I was stopped at a stoplight and bent over getting something off of my floor when he hit at about 15 mph, so I was in a weird position. My lower back and neck/shoulder have hurt since then.

What is the insurance company liable for? Do they have a limit at what they have to pay based on the "severity" of the accident?

Should I get a lawyer or play the waiting game some more? I am not in a hurry becuase really my back still hurts.

lwpat

"Should I get a lawyer or play the waiting game some more?"

What are you waiting for? If you expect the insurance company to pay then you will be waiting for a long time. Basically they have denied your claim and to collect you will have to file suit. I strongly recommend that you retain an attorney.

If the company is State Farm that is the only way you will collect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">