• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pedesterian struck by company owned car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? PA

Does anyone know the implications of getting struck by a out of state car owned by a nursing home driven by one of their employees on the clock but using it for an unautherized use (her boyfriend robbed a store, she said without her prior knowlege but she helped him try to get away). Is their insurance company liable for damages (my injuries)? What about the nursing home or the employee? The employee was drug impaired at the time and did served jail time. Does this have any implications.

M

maxim2

None of that matters if the pedestrian was AT FAULT in causing the accident.

People walk against a dont walk sign or Jaywalk between parked cars,all the time, shouldn't they be held responsible if they get hit?

not at fault

The police reprot said I was not at fault. The driver failed to negotiate a left hand turn ( she missed the street she wanted and hit me as I was walking along the shoulder of the road which was very wide). She also went through a fence. My question was more does the insurance company of the car she was driving have responsabilty to compensate me for my injuries even if she was not using the car for the purpose she was given it for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">