• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pedestrian hit by car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nenaxoxo

What is the name of your state? california

I was walking to the driver's side of my car a couple of days ago, when suddenly an woman in an SUV backed up quickly in reverse and hit me in the back and knocked me over very hard. It felt like a very bad bicycle fall, but with a much greater force, like a refrigerater falling on top of you from 20 ft up. I was bruised on both arms and knees and aching, people were shouting there was a lot of confusion, and then the lady got out of her car and asked me if I was ok, and I said I was, and then she got in her SUV and left. So I drove myself to the emergency room, after going home for a little bit, and calling a friend. but I had to return to the scene to get something that had been knocked out of my hand. I was at the emergency room for several hours, and the doctor called the police, but they told me to come in the next day and make a report. I just feel achy all over. but the next day I managed to go to the police station and file a report. someone at the scene had written down her license plate number, most of it that I could remember, because I was kind of in a daze, and gave me their number as a witness. which I gave to the police. I don't know if the police will be able to trace the the woman, because I wasn't sure of the last two numbers of the plate. I was pretty shook up and alone, so i didn't handle it very well. I am concerned about the emergency room bills since I had a cat scan. it really taught me a lesson, I hope I am never in that situation again, but I shouldn't have just let the woman take off like that. It was just an accident, but this has been hard for me to do all these things and I have been laid up for two days. Do you think it is a more serious offense since the lady just left like that? would her insurance be able to cover any bills from the hospital?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

nenaxoxo said:
What is the name of your state? california

I was walking to the driver's side of my car a couple of days ago, when suddenly an woman in an SUV backed up quickly in reverse and hit me in the back and knocked me over very hard. It felt like a very bad bicycle fall, but with a much greater force, like a refrigerater falling on top of you from 20 ft up. I was bruised on both arms and knees and aching, people were shouting there was a lot of confusion, and then the lady got out of her car and asked me if I was ok, and I said I was, and then she got in her SUV and left. So I drove myself to the emergency room, after going home for a little bit, and calling a friend. but I had to return to the scene to get something that had been knocked out of my hand. I was at the emergency room for several hours, and the doctor called the police, but they told me to come in the next day and make a report. I just feel achy all over. but the next day I managed to go to the police station and file a report. someone at the scene had written down her license plate number, most of it that I could remember, because I was kind of in a daze, and gave me their number as a witness. which I gave to the police. I don't know if the police will be able to trace the the woman, because I wasn't sure of the last two numbers of the plate. I was pretty shook up and alone, so i didn't handle it very well. I am concerned about the emergency room bills since I had a cat scan. it really taught me a lesson, I hope I am never in that situation again, but I shouldn't have just let the woman take off like that. It was just an accident, but this has been hard for me to do all these things and I have been laid up for two days. Do you think it is a more serious offense since the lady just left like that? would her insurance be able to cover any bills from the hospital?

My response:

Where's your car insurance in this equation?

IAAL

nenaxoxo

My response:

IAAL

Hello: I wasn't driving, I was walking toward my car, I called my car insurance company and they told me it since my car wasn't involved, they weren't involved.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

nenaxoxo said:
My response:

IAAL

Hello: I wasn't driving, I was walking toward my car, I called my car insurance company and they told me it since my car wasn't involved, they weren't involved.

My response:

I know you were a pedestrian - - I can read. You said, "I was walking to the driver's side of my car . . ." That's all that matters. Either you didn't actually call your insurance company, or you didn't have insurance.

If you did have insurance and they told you that, then you had better remind them of Lopez v. State Farm & Cas. Co. (1967) 250 Cal.App.2d 210, and Utah Home Fire Ins. Co. v. Fireman's Fund Ins. Co. (1970) 14 Cal.App.3d 50.

Who's your insurance company, Fly-By-Night Insurance Company?

IAAL

nenaxoxo

know you were a pedestrian - - I can read. You said, "I was walking to the driver's side of my car . . ." That's all that matters. Either you didn't actually call your insurance company, or you didn't have insurance.

If you did have insurance and they told you that, then you had better remind them of Lopez v. State Farm & Cas. Co. (1967) 250 Cal.App.2d 210, and Utah Home Fire Ins. Co. v. Fireman's Fund Ins. Co. (1970) 14 Cal.App.3d 50.

Who's your insurance company, Fly-By-Night Insurance Company?

Hello: thanks for your reply, that is interesting information, I will have to call my company, Greenwich Insurance, again. I called them while I was filing the police report and explained that I was walking toward my car when i was struck, and the service rep to me that it didn't involve them since my car wasn't struck. it was all very confusing for me, since I have never been hit by a car before, so I have been home nursing my wounds and kind of in shock. but I am fortunate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">