• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pedestrian struck by car in Wal-Mart parking lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stoppit

Hi I live in Florida!

In April 2000 I was exiting a Wal-Mart store returning to my car when I was struck by a van that ran a stop sign. I was struck on my right side and my right hand took the brunt of the impact (I am right handed). I have the drivers name and license number and I do have a witness name and phone number. The security person on duty for Wal-Mart did nothing at the time of the accident (write report, take my name...absolutely nothing). The skin on my hand from my knuckles to my wrist was broken in serveral places and black from the grille of the van. I had a bruise on the right side of my knee from this accident also and the impact broke a piece off of a plastic cabinet that I had purchased (I still have the damaged cabinet).

To make a long story short, I did not contact an attorney as I did not think that I was hurt to the point that I should file a suit. However, now when I use my right hand (such as use a spray bottle, or scissors, or grass shears my hand and arm become numb and or cramp severely for at least 2 days. I must add that I am self-employed and work at home as a web designer and use a computer for extended periods of time. I also am suffering when doing this activity. I guess my question is....should I or can I persue this person for this accident at this point in time or has my time to file been exhausted? Thanks in advance for any information I may receive.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You have one year to file. You shouldn't have waited so long. But from this point on and as a summary since the date of the accident, write down loss of motion, ability to use hand, any pain you feel or have felt, etc.

Write down all damages (clothing? purchased products from walmart? jewelry if any?)/

Then go to http://www.attorneypages.com or your state bar to find an accident attorney ASAP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">