• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pending claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trinidad62

What is the name of your state? pa
my son's car was stolen on 08/01/2005, so far the insurance company is still investigating , over six months is there something that can be done to make them stop delaying

S

shell007

trinidad62 said:
What is the name of your state? pa
my son's car was stolen on 08/01/2005, so far the insurance company is still investigating , over six months is there something that can be done to make them stop delaying

As they say:

"The squeaky wheel gets oiled first"
Keep on them until you get results! :)

Betty

Most insurance companies do a very thorough investigation when a car is stolen - there have been times when they found the insured had been unlawfully involved in the theft of his/her own car. However, 6 months seems way too long to still be investigating. I would contact your ins. agent & see what he/she can tell you.
Also, be sure to contine paying the ins. premiums until claim is settled.
Did your son have anything of value in his car (ie CD player, lap top computer)? Ins. co. should be notified of this. Some ins. policies will pay for a loss of "equipment" in a stolen car.

ecmst12

In PA at least, any "stuff" he had in the car that was not a part of the car itself (such as computer or CDs etc) would be covered under the homeowners/renters insurance policy, whichever would apply. If he still legally resides with you then it would be your homeowners policy that would apply. You would need to put in a separate claim for this, and it would have a separate deductible (based on the homeowners policy), but if it's just a small amount they may just pay it without an investigation. At least that would be something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">