• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Penna.Worker's Comp-attorney problem

• Thread starter Multiple State Mess
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Multiple State Mess

After two and a half years of fighting, a PA judge finally ruled in my favor--I work in diagnostic imaging and was hurt lifting a patient. The ruling came in May 2000, but even with my attorney (who has proven to be extremely good, but slow)filing complaint after complaint with the judge, the defense hasn't paid a dime for my monumental medical expenses and only a fraction of my back wages. There've been three hearings regarding the bad faith of the defense, and now they are trying to send me on an IME.I relocated with my spouse a couple of times during this nightmare, due to his work, and do not live in the state of PA anymore.

I have attempted over the past few weeks to make it crystal clear to my lawyer that I want this case done and over with, that I need to move on. He insists that he doesn't want to "let them win", with all of their garbage tactics at ducking the responsibility and "wearing me down". I truly do not care at this point how he settles it, but I want it over with. I have repeatedly made my wishes clear, but he will not do what I want him to do. What do I do now?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">