• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pennsylvania Insurance Claim Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sunshine1

My 19 year old daughter was in an auto accident on March 9. The other vehicle made a left turn in front of her and she could not stop. The police report indicated that the vehicle turning left was at fault, siting a violation, but making the charge. The vehicle my daughter was driving was in my name and insured for liabilty only, not collision, so my insurance company won't get involved. I contacted the other parties insurance company and with only having a statement from their insured, the claims adjuster informed me that Pennsylvania is a comparative negligence state and she felt that this is a comparative case, meaning my daughter may be partially at fault. A week later they came out to look at my car and estimated the damage to be $1,500 or more. Five days later the adjuster called me to offer me a settlement of $1,000 because they felt my daughter was 10% at fault. I asked the adjuster how she came to this conclusion and she said that the impact points on the cars were the determining factor and that it didn't matter that their insured made an unsafe left turn. I do realize that this isn't a lot of money, but I feel this is a situation were an insuance company is trying to save themseves a few dollars. Is there anything I can do to fight back?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">