• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PERMANENT INJURIES FROM BEEING RUN DOWN WHILE CROSSING STREET

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

melgart

I WAS CROSSING A STREET SEVERAL YEARS AGO, WHEN A CAR CAME AROUND THE CORNER AND CRASHED INTO ME CAUSING SEVERE INJURIES REQUIRING SEVERAL OPERATIONS BUT STILL LEAVING ME WITH PERMANENT DISABILITIES AND AT BEING OVER 80 YEARS OF AGE CREATED QUITE A PROBLEM. I DID CONTACT THE DRIVERS INSURANCE COMPANY AND ALL THEY SAID WAS TO GET IT FIXED AND THEN THEY WOULD LOOK INTO IT, AS IF IT WAS A "DENTED FENDER". IT WAS THEN NECESSARY TO HIRE AN ATTORNEY AND THEN IT STILL TOOK SIX MONTHS BEFORE ANY MONEY WAS RELEASED. THE AWARD DIDNT EVEN COVER HALF OF THE MEDICAL BILLS CREATED IN THE FIRST YEAR ALONE. MY LAWYER CLAIMED THAT IF I PURSUED THE MATTER FURTHER THAT THE DRIVER WOULD FILE BANKRUPTCY AND ALL I WOULD HAVE WOULD BE THE EXPENSES. IT SEEMS THAT MY LAWYER DIDNT TAKE THE TIME TO CHECK OUT THE DRIVERS ASSETS, AND HIS INTEREST WAS ONLY IN HIS "CUT" WHICH CAME TO $33,333.33. I HAVE SINCE FOUND OUT THAT THE DRIVER LIVES IN A MILLION DOLLAR HOME AND HAS A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS WITH SALES OF TEN MILLION DOLLARS. I AM INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT WHAT OTHER AVENUES ARE AVAILABLE,SINCE I HAVE TAKEN A TREMENDOUS MONETARY LOSS PLUS ALL THE PERMANENT INJURIES STILL REQUIRING TREATMENT. I NEED HELP. [email protected].

M

melgart

Reply to :I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

I have spent three hours trying to eliminate the "all caps" but have lost the script several times. I am new on computers so I must be doing something wrong and I am having problems trying to correct it, so make off that it isnt all caps. I did try. This all occurred in Illinois. [email protected]

M

melgart

tO: "I am still trying tp re-write into lower case letters as you suggested but everytime I try I lose my whole story and cant retrieve it. Hope you will forgive me. I looik forward to your reply. [email protected].

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

You said :

I Was Crossing a Street Several Years Ago, When a Car Came Around the Corner and Crashed into Me Causing Severe Injuries Requiring Several Operations but Still Leaving Me with Permanent Disabilities and at Being over 80 Years of Age Created Quite a Problem. I Did Contact the Drivers Insurance Company and All They Said Was to Get it Fixed and Then They Would Look into It, as If it Was a "Dented Fender". It Was Then Necessary to Hire an Attorney and Then it Still Took Six Months Before Any Money Was Released. The Award Didnt Even Cover Half of the Medical Bills Created in the First Year Alone. My Lawyer Claimed That If I Pursued the Matter Further That the Driver Would File Bankruptcy and All I Would Have Would Be the Expenses. It Seems That My Lawyer Didnt Take the Time to Check out the Drivers Assets, and His Interest Was Only in His "Cut" Which Came to $33,333.33. I Have since Found out That the Driver Lives in a Million Dollar Home and Has a Successful Business with Sales of Ten Million Dollars. I Am Interested in Finding out What Other Avenues Are Available,since I Have Taken a Tremendous Monetary Loss plus All the Permanent Injuries Still Requiring Treatment. I Need Help. [email protected].

My response:

Melgart, your settlement was $100,000.00, and the attorney's fees were $33,333.33.

You didn't tell me the date that this happended; however, I will assume from your statement that this accident happened "several years ago" that it has been more than 5 years.

Melgart, you signed a "Release of All Claims" form. As your attorney explained, once you sign that form, you are releasing the other person forever. You can't make a new claim for more money. It's all over. From the date you signed that Release, it was all over.

I have no idea what the financial condition of the other person was on the date of the accident; and, it makes no difference what the other person's financial condition is today. At that time, the other person could have been "dirt poor" except for the insurance policy. You cannot hold someone responsible forever. The law requires that all claims must come to an end at some point in time.
Your time was when you settled.

There's nothing more you can do. It's over.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">