• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

person may get away with auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jra64

What is the name of your state? Texas

Recently I had an accident with a guy and we both had no insurance.

To avoid police intervention we decided not to call the police

here are the events:
i was driving in a school zone (the speed limit was 20) at 20-25 mph at about 12 noon. I was in the left lane and this guy pulls out in front of me. My right headlight was taken out and his right driver side wheel was hit

he refuses to pay because he says i ran a nearby red light (he says he had seen other cars stop) and was speeding he didnt have a drivers license on hand but i got his license plate

he also says that i had to be speeding because if was going 20 that this much damage could not have been done. What is a reasonable amount of damage that could have been done at 20?

is it possible to pursue compensation even though no police i report was filed? If i sue him what are my chances of winning?

A

ampex

You'd probably win......

But then it will be reported to Motor vehciles you have no insurance and they will suspend your drivers license...

so Walk away, eat your loss

J

jra64

ok i wanna take him to court then

wouldnt it just be his word vs mine?
what sort of information would i have to prove?
how do i prove my side?
will it be considered all his fault?
do i HAVE to hire a lawyer?

tammy8

The only bad thing I can see is it will probably be a he said/she said type of case unless you have outside witnesses. In accidents where there is active insurance and similar accidents occur (without witnesses or police reports) then most companies say you pay for yours and they pay for their's. Whatever you decide to do good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">