• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Person Riding on a Motorized 3 Wheel Adult Scooter Claiming I Hit Her

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cryingfreeman

What is the name of your state? NY

I was involved in an accident in a shopping center parking lot. As I was driving into a parking space, I've noticed that the space in front of where I am was empty. I then slowly move toward that space. I droved passed the spot and planned to back up into the spot.

As I was moving forward, an elderly person riding on a three wheel motorized scootered hit my car while (I assume) she tried to manuever to avoid hitting my car.

I immediately stopped and noticed the person falling off the motorized vehicle. I ran out of the car to see if she was OK...I've noticed that she did not wear a helmet and suffered a bleeding cut on her forehead.

I called the ambulance and they took her to the hospital. When the person was on the ground, she was alert and providing the necessary information/directions to the security guards and paramedics.

I then called the police to report the incident. I don't think that I hit her and she may have hit my car. The police contacted the person who claimed that I hit her.

I have insurance and have a clean driving record for the past five years.

I know that the incident will be taken care of by my insurance company.

My main concern is having to deal with a law suit. I believe that the person is at fault because she was not wearing a helment, she was riding in the wrong direction of traffic movement (approaching from the right of my vehical instead of the left side). The scooter did not have any flags or lights. Also, two witnesses also stated that they don't think I hit the person and she fell off her scooter trying to manuever it to avoid my car.

Should I stop worrying or let the insurance company handle it?

Last edited:

cryingfreeman

The person is still in the hospital...I hope that her injuries sustained are not serious.

At the time of the incident, the paramedics said the pedistrian will be OK...

I'm being to worry because she has been in the hospital since sunday

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">