• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal childhood injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wisewar

I live in Minnesota and am currently 21 years old, when I was 10 I was injured by a soccer goal post that fell on top of me on school grounds. The goals were not in use and being stored along the side of the regular fields. It resulted in 200+ stiches in my head, my parents were reluctant to sue (it's not thier "sytle") and just asked the school to move the goals-of which they complied quickly. Once getting beyond the name calling, my ijury left part of my forehead numb and with headaches and a senstive scalp.

SO...my question, am I out of luck as far as it being too long ago--even though the effects are just bothering me now?

THanks for any advice!
L

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

wisewar said:
I live in Minnesota and am currently 21 years old, when I was 10 I was injured by a soccer goal post that fell on top of me on school grounds. The goals were not in use and being stored along the side of the regular fields. It resulted in 200+ stiches in my head, my parents were reluctant to sue (it's not thier "sytle") and just asked the school to move the goals-of which they complied quickly. Once getting beyond the name calling, my ijury left part of my forehead numb and with headaches and a senstive scalp.

SO...my question, am I out of luck as far as it being too long ago--even though the effects are just bothering me now?

THanks for any advice!
L
My response:

I hope your parents didn't sign a "Parental Release". If they did, then you'd be out of luck. However, I still think you're out of luck anyway. You see, you have until two years after your 18th birthday to file for a childhood injury. So, in either case, you're out of luck.

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 12-31-2000 at 04:03 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">