• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lytnrd

What is the name of your state?[What is the name of your state?Virginia
I was seriously injured while riding my motorcycle by a neglegent person driving with a suspended license for the 3rd time. She forced me out of my lane and into a stopped car at a traffic light. She was ticketed for driving on a suspended license and failure to obey a highway lane marking. She was found guilty to driving on suspended license but not guilty to the other charge. According to VA law, shouldn't she have been arrested at the scene and taken to jail to post bond on the driving on a suspended license charge? She was driving on a suspended license and should have never been on the road that day and if she'd not been, the accident would have not happened. Would her insurance be responsible to pay for the accident since she was illegally on the road to include any lawsuits?

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

JETX

lytnrd said:
According to VA law, shouldn't she have been arrested at the scene and taken to jail to post bond on the driving on a suspended license charge?
More than likely, yes. However, I don't believe that arrest in this case was mandatory, but an option of the officer.

Would her insurance be responsible to pay for the accident since she was illegally on the road to include any lawsuits?
Probably not. The problem here is that her insurance is meant to protect HER against claims... and not you. As such, her insurance will very likely deny HER claim for 'protection'..... leaving you in a situation where you have to go after her personally.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">