• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal injury...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dudealicious

in MI, i was moving into my new home...a group of "friends" volunteered their services in helping me carry furniture and small appliances...one "friend" supposedly stepped on the plug to the television that was being carried by someone else in front of her...she stated that she twisted her ankle to everyone but me and continued to carry more boxes into my new home...three days later i learned she went to the ER for x-rays and was told her ankle had been broken. she ask me for help with the medical bills...can i be held liable?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dudealicious said:
in MI, i was moving into my new home...a group of "friends" volunteered their services in helping me carry furniture and small appliances...one "friend" supposedly stepped on the plug to the television that was being carried by someone else in front of her...she stated that she twisted her ankle to everyone but me and continued to carry more boxes into my new home...three days later i learned she went to the ER for x-rays and was told her ankle had been broken. she ask me for help with the medical bills...can i be held liable?
My response:

Turn the matter over to your homeowner's insurance. There's med-pay coverage in your policy for such accidents.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">