• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Injury Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? CA

Hello. My car was hit from behind while waiting at a red light in September of this year. Since that time I have been in Physical Therapy. Two days after the accident their insurance person offered 1000.00 to close the case out then. I proceeded to tell him that while that sounded good, I didn't know what would come of this as I went to the doctor the following morning, not even 24 hours after the accident and said I had cervical whiplash.
They asked for a release so they could contact my job, and my doctor. To date, they have never done so, and then today in the mail I receive a letter stating that they are closing the claim as they don't think I was really hurt in this accident.
Is that common practice, or should I now hire an attorney?
I thank anyone in advance who can help me out with this. :)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Awesomemom said:
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? CA

Hello. My car was hit from behind while waiting at a red light in September of this year. Since that time I have been in Physical Therapy. Two days after the accident their insurance person offered 1000.00 to close the case out then. I proceeded to tell him that while that sounded good, I didn't know what would come of this as I went to the doctor the following morning, not even 24 hours after the accident and said I had cervical whiplash.
They asked for a release so they could contact my job, and my doctor. To date, they have never done so, and then today in the mail I receive a letter stating that they are closing the claim as they don't think I was really hurt in this accident.
Is that common practice, or should I now hire an attorney?
I thank anyone in advance who can help me out with this. :)

My response:

You said, ". . . should I now hire an attorney?"

My question to you is, "Did you really need someone to tell you Yes"?

IAAL

Iaal

I see you are still around....hahahahaa
I also knew you'd be the one to respond...Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">