• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Injury Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bestoption

State - Georgia

I have been sued for a personal injury claim for an accident that occurred about two years back. The lady has filed for an underinsured coverage with her insurance company but apparently was not happy with the settlement offer. I was given a citation by police, but in the court i had neither pleaded guilty, nor not guilty and had paid the fine with 'no contest'.

My insurance and lawyer say that the case should get settled and that nothing will happen, although they maintain that the claim is crossing my insurance limits. Is this true or are they trying to say these things to console me? I still do not know how much is the lady claiming, neither does the lawyer or my insurance company. Isn't this something that should be there in the suit papers?

What is the worst case scenario in such cases. Do people end up filing for bankruptcies or have their wages taken away in car accidents?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">