• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Injury Settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shinde_20742

I had an accident in May 01 when I was a passanger in my friends car. My friend broke a red signal and another car hit us. I was immidiately adimitted to the hospital. I had bruises in my left Kidney and stomach. The blood was getting in to my urine & I was hospitalized for 8 days following a bed rest for two more weeks. I am still having a pain and doctor is still treating me for the same. The medical bills are being paid by my health insurance but they want to recover this money from my friends insurance company. In the meanwhile, the auto insurance company gave me some money from the PIP account & PIP is now exhausted.
During the conversation with the adjuster, he told that after I ubmit the details of my loss wages etc. he would make me an offer. However, since I am not fully recovered I don't want to make a settlement right now. How much time do I have after the accident to recover money from the insurance company ? And also what are my rights ? My medical bill so far is over $10,000. How much money should I get for all the pain and suffering I have experienced because of this accident. Is the auto insurance company legally bound to pay for the pain & suffering? I would
appreciate if someone could give me the legal advice.

This accident took place in Maryland state.

Thank you.

S

shirley22

Hello will I hope I am of some help They do have laws thay you can only file a personal injurey case on a ins company etc most states is one year I don't know which state you are in. Ok 2 question ok the ins company should pay all medical bills and lost wages and pain and suffering etc but only to a policy max but you can still get more then just a policy max if you think about it if an ins company only pays out 50,000 per accident and your medical bills will be say 20 grand or more then those get paid first then your lawyer You do need a lawyer after all these bills are paid sometimes it leaves you with nothing I don't want to scare you or anything thats why you need a lawyer don't take any settlement from the ins company your lawyer will tell you more about why not to. They want to make you an offer becasue time is money and if they do it now they save money. Get a pi lawyer and you can't wait a year I believe you have one year to do it I know in most states. Answer to your third question how much should an ins company pay you will if it ends up in court of they keep trying to make offers some of the time the value of how much you will get is based on three times what your medical bills are. What I'm telling you is fact in some states but the only one that can really help you is by getting your own Pi lawyer ok good luck

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">