• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal liability at work?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

majl53

I work for an Indiana construction company. They are incorporated. I am NOT an officer of the company. They have asked me to be the Safety Coordinator. I have no special training other then some seminars. My question is could I be held PERSONALLY LIABLE for an accident caused by a less then ideal safety program or if an OSHA (IOSHA) regulation was interpreted incorrectly? I am not talking about a flagrant disregard for the safety laws. I am talking about if something got missed or a directive was weak or not correctly implimented? Or if construction sites were not inspected regularly. The company wants me to do this in my "spare time" and I am uncomfortable with the possible liability I may be exposing myself to. I am only concerned with my PERSONAL LIABILITY not the company's. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">