• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Property Damage from faulty equipment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chadson8823

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?PA
My vehicle was damaged by a faulty security access gate (bar). We must use a swipe card to activate its bar and upon doing that, the bar came up and I began to exit. The bar prematurely came down onto my vehicle causing scratches in the paint, a dent on the driver door and a tear in the seal of my tonneau cover. (2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trak) Immediately I notified Palmer Construction and was directed to ascertain estimates for the cost of repairs. The parking lot is owned by the Dauphin County Parking Authority that contracts Palmer Construction Company for its maintenance. The lease we sign to park in the parking lot indicates they are not liable for damage in the parking area due to accidents or others acts of indiscretions. I believe there is a "Sovern" law that covers limitations for immunity for federal, state and local governments from being sued. From what I understand of this law, this would make Palmer Construction liable for the damage. Two months later, they come back and state they will not pay for the damages incurred. I would like legal information as to my rights and laws regarding personal property damage and possible solution. Thank you, Sondra

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">