• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal property damaged in 1 vehicle crash.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deltaforceice

What is the name of your state? Missouri

My friend had my 4-wheeler in the back of his truck and had an accident that involved alcohol. My 4-wheeler was thrown from the truck and rendered inoperable. This occurred 1 year and 3 months ago. In my naivety I took his word that he would fix it because his insurance would not pay. He is in possession of the 4-wheeler, but I believe I can get it from him. There has been nothing but one excuse after another and I believe he is just shirking his responsibility to me on this. I am confused on whether or not I should take this to small claims court, if I even have a case, or if there is an alternative method.

Any help is appreciated.

ecmst12

And possibly not even then...you will probably win in court, but getting him to pay is another matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">