• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pharmacy liable

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tricia0041

To make a long story short, here are the major details.
My husband had knee surgery and was prescribed a muscle relaxer. He became addicted to the medication, and for over 2 years had it refilled at one pharmacy every week. The prescription only had 6 original refills and they were
enough for 1 month supply. This has led to several times in the hospital and 2 times in the ICU. Could the pharmacy be held liable for some of our enormous medical bills since they did not follow the doctors presciption?State is NJ

[Edited by tricia0041 on 11-17-2000 at 07:12 PM]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

yes and no. If they KNEW he only had 6 fills and they kept filling anyway, they would be liable for contributing to his addiction or prescribing medication not prescribed by the doctor (7 plus refills).

If you want to blame them is one thing, but your husband is also responsible.

Try attorneypages.com and look for a medical malpractice attorney. Perhaps they can help you see if there is any viable claim you can bring against the pharmacy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">