• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

planed down in his own back yard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Joyce Lander

Nevada - Brother-in-law steps outside back door one Sunday afternoon and is hit by a plane that comes down on top of him, flips him over and drags him. Result - front skull crushed like corn flakes and both legs broken up so badly..they are in all different directions. Doctor was flying plane he just purchased...my brother-in-law and sister were out of work for a year and he was in rehab. He still undergoes a great deal of pain and is filled with titanium plates, pins and coral knee caps which will need more surgery he will not be able to afford. There were three cases filed....
one with mechanic / place of business who was suppose to check and certify plane for flying...the other with Doctor....because his insurance is denying claim because of Doctor's negligence with his log book and certification for plane and the insurance company. The Attorneys make clients feel it is best to represent both Doctor and them in order to get something, for they will lose. They take this to a federal court. Doctor puts his clinic in other family names. Brother in law loses everything...is in debt to the tune of $500,000 for medical losses and attorneys....they even had depositions that mechanic was on drugs the weekend he worked on the plane. My sister and brother in law are 61 and 65 and they have lost everything because of negligence and a plane that came down in their back yard and ruined their lives one day. None of the evidence has ever been heard in a court!
Any suggestions?

JETX

"Any suggestions?"
*** Yes.

"None of the evidence has ever been heard in a court!"
*** And why not??

J

Joyce Lander

Thanks for the joke!

Answer: This was taken to a Federal Court and the judge ruled it moot or mute...because he found the Doctor to be responsible
The Doctor did not have his log book aboard the plane...mechanic
still had it and had taken off for long weekend...When they got it...the logbook said the plane was airworthy (noted by Mechanic ) but no certificate. Insurance was not good without this and therefore, not liable. Doctor had cancelled check where he paid for this certification to be done. They felt he should have not went up without the documentation and did not want to hear anything else. They held the Doctor liable. The Doctor is already (at this point)putting his assets and clinic in other family member's names. My sister and brother-in-law have all the paperwork and copies of the signed depositions. Keep in mind...at this point their attorneys take on representing my brother-in-law and now they represent the Pilot of the plane too..(the thinking they passed on was maybe they could do something to at least get something this way). Recently they came to the conclusion through their attorneys that it was pretty hopeless. My sister and brother-in-law are coming undone. This is a real problem...for he will have a problem with any future surgeries or help he may need because of this. Their retirement is wiped out because of all the rehab and care he had to have...plus they had a year with no real wages. My sister cared for him during that time.
The attorneys recently asked them to sign a confidentiality clause...now claiming that they could get a small percentage of the doctors and hospitals (5%)covered and their loans and fees ect., if they agree not to talk about it with anyone. They refused and walked out and have severed the relationship. It is a serious thing with the Doctors and Hospitals.....they saved his life!
He was called the miracle man.....I have a video showing him under that plane that a newsman shot. The emergency workers allowed this for they needed the light from his camera. The hospitals and doctors were astounded how he fought to get back to some form of normal. They are the ruined ones here....not the negligent Doctor..., not the negligent mechanic and not the luck airport or insurance company. They have nothing left and will probably have to work the rest of their lives.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">