• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Adivise Me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sugey

What is the name of your state?fL

I got in a parking lot accident in my boyfriend's car. I am not under his policy, I have my own for my car.
I was backing out really slowly, seriously. There was a woman trying to get into her car right next to me and I was trying not to hit her, that's why I was going so slow. Not even a foot out of my space I hit the other car as she was backing out as well. I think I hit her side back end but she says I hit her right by her back door. The think I just more like pushed into her, and the only thing that touched her car was the spare tire on the back of my car. She pointed out this huge dent and says that I caused it, I don't think I did. When I got home I hit my own car in the same manner, many times and it caused no damage. I know that my opinion is inconsequential, but really I am just worried because I am not under his policy. I do have insurance but not for driving that car.
We filled out "Exchange of information" form and I was not ticketed or anything. She tried to make the officer take notes and wanted him to write down it was my fault. From what I saw, he didn't do anything and said he wasn't an investigator, to let our companies handle it. So, should I contact both mine and boyfriend's insurance companies and tell them what I think this lady is trying to do? Or should I just wait and see what happens?

S

shell007

If you feel strongly about your story then you have nothing to hide. Either way...this other driver will be covered by either your insurance or boyfriend's insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">