• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

enlightened

I was involved in an accident a month ago. Three cars were involved in the accident.One of the car owners insurance company send me a letter asking me to provide details of my insurance co etc. Reason cited was negligence on my part.They thretened me with legal action if i fail to provide the detail in 10 days.NO ONE WAS GIVEN ANY TICKET.I never hit that vehicle.What should I do?Since there was no damage to my car i didnt inform to the insurance company.

Thanks,

Enlightened
Detroit MI

S

shell007

enlightened said:
I was involved in an accident a month ago. Three cars were involved in the accident.One of the car owners insurance company send me a letter asking me to provide details of my insurance co etc. Reason cited was negligence on my part.They thretened me with legal action if i fail to provide the detail in 10 days.NO ONE WAS GIVEN ANY TICKET.I never hit that vehicle.What should I do?Since there was no damage to my car i didnt inform to the insurance company.

Thanks,

Enlightened
Detroit MI
You state that you were sited for negligence, but then you state that No one was given a ticket. Which is it? Are you at fault or not?

enlightened

right No on was given a ticket but the letter from the claiments company states that I was negligent based on the crash report.

S

shell007

enlightened said:
right No on was given a ticket but the letter from the claiments company states that I was negligent based on the crash report.
So...I assume the police were called because there is a "crash report" stating that you were negligent. I don't understand why you weren't given a ticket, but that's here nor there.

It sounds like even though you did not hit "that vehicle", you were still directly related to the cause of the accident.

You state that it was a three car accident.

Did you hit the other car, which caused the 3rd car to be involved? That's what sounds like might have happened.

Anyway...At this point, I would say contact your insurance company and tell them what happened. They will guide you through this. If you are honest and tell them everything, and you were NOT at fault, your insurance co. will fight the claim.

Hiding from this incident, and the details of it, will not make it disappear.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">