• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help !!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LEWIS2006

I was hit while turning left, I was on a three lane road the far left lane being a left turn only lane in the middle lane you can go straight or turn left, In mid turn I was struck by a guy who was in the turn only lane he seemed to be going straight in the lane. When the police officer arrived he was told by the guy that I came into his lane. And as soon as the guy hit me he moved his car so the police couldn't determine who was at fault he said :the insurance company will figure it out. So I submitted my claim to the insurance company and they denied my claim as well as the guy that hit me we have the same insurance company, There were no witnesses so it's my word against his, So I went back to the scene of the accident and found a guy that saw everything after the bang of the accident and his testimony was added to the police report but I don't know if it will help because he didn't see the vehicles collide. My vehicle was totaled out by the insurance company my lawyer told me not to go to therapy anymore because I would be paying out of my pocket, I only had liability insurance on my car i don't have collision. Can somebody out there tell me what can I do now? I'M IN TEXAS

Last edited:

MandyD

luvbskts said:
It was stated at the bottom of her post that she was in Texas.
Geeze. Didn't you bother to look at the fact that the OP edited her post AFTER teflon reminded her about the state?

abaga

LEWIS2006 said:
I was hit while turning left, I was on a three lane road the far left lane being a left turn only lane in the middle lane you can go straight or turn left, In mid turn I was struck by a guy who was in the turn only lane he seemed to be going straight in the lane. When the police officer arrived he was told by the guy that I came into his lane. And as soon as the guy hit me he moved his car so the police couldn't determine who was at fault he said :the insurance company will figure it out. So I submitted my claim to the insurance company and they denied my claim as well as the guy that hit me we have the same insurance company, There were no witnesses so it's my word against his, So I went back to the scene of the accident and found a guy that saw everything after the bang of the accident and his testimony was added to the police report but I don't know if it will help because he didn't see the vehicles collide. My vehicle was totaled out by the insurance company my lawyer told me not to go to therapy anymore because I would be paying out of my pocket, I only had liability insurance on my car i don't have collision. Can somebody out there tell me what can I do now? I'M IN TEXAS
I can't answer your question, however, wanted to comment on what your attorney told you about your medical treatment....

If you were truly injured in the accident, then why would he advise you to STOP treatment???? Is this because he doesn't feel you can sue?? Again, if you are truly injured, then continue on with your treatment....if you are only treating to try and build a big bill so that you are able to sue, then definitely, stop treatment regardless of fault! People who sue just to make a buck (who aren't injured), are at the bottom of the food chain in my opinion, and are the reason our insurance rates are where they are!

Sounds like you having an ambulance chaser for an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">