• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PLEASE HELP!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joanne23

I live in calif. and was involved in an auto accident 2 years ago at a car wash. I had just gotten into my car and one of their employees smashed into the back of my car.. I hadn't put my seat belt on yet and I suffered neck injuries and a knee injury. I went to physical therapy for a year and a half on the advice of my doctor. I also secured an attorney who I am beginning to have doubts about. First off my insurance company is as I now know, terrible. When I saw the doctor initally, he did not log in the file that I had injured my knee even though I did tell him. Once I was sent off to physical therapy I was never told by my therapist or my doctor,or my lawyer to return to my regular physician every few weeks which is apparently causing a "hole" in the case since they apparently do not consider a therapist a doctor in these cases. I did tell my therapist about my knee however we only worked on it a few times during treatment. This is because my appt. was only 1/2 hour each week and she always asked me what my "main" concern for the week was. Of course it was always my neck. My knee only hurts when I walk or stand for long periods of time. We went into mediation today and it was very disapointing. I was lectured by my lawyer for not seeing my regular physician regularly even though not even he told me to do so. Also because my knee problems were never logged from a regular physician they are not taking it into consideration even though I may need surgery on it. My insurance company didn't send my therapy records they only sent my regular file.And due to the lack of documentation in that we decided to adjourn until those records could be obtained. Before we adjourned, they had made some offers. They offered only 6500.00. The damage to my car was 7000.00 and to this day I am still suffering pain in my neck and knee. My lawyer says that we'd be lucky to get 15000.00 even if my therapy records talk of my knee since a therapist "means nothing". And maybe a few thousand over that if it is said that I need sugery. How can my case be worth that little?? I've been in pain for 2 years! If the reason for my case being worth so little is because my doctors didn't log what I told them can I sue them? Also, my lawyer gave me a copy of the medical records that they sent him and the last 20 or so pages are of some other woman. I know her social sec. #, her address, her phone #, where she works, her b-day, that she has a back problem. It even has info about her husband- his social security number, age, etc. Should I contact her and inform her that her records are being sent to other people? There are so many problems with this case and I just can't accept that for all of my pain and suffering and missing work for therapy appts. is only worth a few thousand dollars when a stupid old woman who spills hot coffee on her leg due to stupidity can get a million dollars out of Mc Donalds and I cant even get 20 or 30 thousand out of a major car wash chain who is in no doubt at fault where serious injuries have occured. Any advise provided on anay of these issues would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">