• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jgstempe

What is the name of your state? MA

Ok so here goes: I received a call that a man said that I had hit his car roughly a week ago. I have no recollection of hitting anything while driving although about 5 days after the supposed accident I did notice a scratch along the front right portion of my car, but I assumed it had occurred the night before in a parking garage. He says that his wife was out with their children sledding. Their car was parked on the top of a narrow hill road on the side of the road after a major snow storm (30-36 inches). Apparently someone got my license plate number and told the mother. I have no memory of hitting anything and am thinking that perhaps a car was traveling ahead of me, hit their car and the witness looked up only to see me driving away. Is there anything I can do in this situation or should I just settle with this man? He wants to handle it without insurance and doesn't think it will be every expensive, but I really don't think that I hit him.

H

hexeliebe

Tell him that if he thinks you are at fault to contact his insurance company to handle the matter. Otherwise, you will not respond.

J

jgstempe

Should I contact my insurance company and tell them some guy thinks I hit him?

H

hexeliebe

No you should not. As far as you are concerned this never happened. And even if it did, there is no police report, there is no witness (how much you want to bet this is a bs story?) and there has been no claim filed.

Let him file a claim and do not correspond with him. If you must, tell him to stop corresponding with you unless it's to give you the name and address of his insurance adjuster or his attorney and you will turn that information over to your attorney for processing.

This smells like a scam and not a too good one at that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">