• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help me for the case "Treatment caost over bodily injured coverage"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

besau

Please help me for the case "Treatment cost over bodily injured coverage"

My State: Washington state

About 6 months ago I was hit by a car with 2 people in it. I was found at fault because I made a right turn into the main street (one lane for each flow & the channing lane, 35 mph posted speed limit) from the road intersecting the main street (one lane for each flow, 25 mph posted speed limit & STOP sign). At the time accident happend (aftrenoon around 1:30), I drove about 10 mph & the driver in the other car drove about 40-45 mph (on the main street). The weather was clear, no rain, snow. I thought the other driver made a left turn (on the main street) into the other side opposite the road I was driving, so I made the right turn slowly & she couldn't stop & hit me (the lest front side of my car). The air-bag in the steering wheel bumped into her eye & mouth (driver). The other passenger in the other car was safe.

I was alerted by my insurance company that the expenses for medical treatment to these people had been already over my coverage & might help to pay the rest. However the claim is still not clsed yet so I can't estimate the cost for my responsibility. Please advise me & I have several questions:

1) When the case closes, will they force me to sell my assets (car, houses) to pay fot them?

2) Can I make monthly payment based on my monthly income without having to sell my assets?

3) Before the case closes, Can I sell my assets to pay for my other debts?

4) If I don't have enough money to pay for them at once, what will they do to me?

Best regards

PS: I drove a car registered by my wife.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">