• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help!!Really Confused!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pebbles3535

We are not for sure where to go with this. I just found out my Ex. has carried me on his health Ins.. I seen my name still on my sons Ins. card last summer and didn't know why. Well I just found out that I'm being billed for services from a Drs. office I used to go to in Ohio for July of 98. Only problem with is I now live in AL. have been since May of 97. It has me listed a new patient with my social security number and all. So I know that my Ex kept me on there for the new girlfriend to use since she had no insurance. I have all the prove I need to show that It was not me. I just need to know where to go with the information I have to have justice done finally.

Thank You In Advance for any help,
Pebbles3535

ALawyer

This is insurance fraud and a serious crime.

While you might want to report it to the insurance company and also to the anti-fraud unit of the state insurance department in the old state, be sure you are aware that the ex will not take kindly to your cutting off his scam.

You may not want to go there as it may not make life better for your children if Daddy risks a trip to the slammer, but then again, some folks would jump at this.

P

PamSJS

Dear Pebbles;

"OH, WHAT A TANGLED WEB WE WEAVE, WHEN WE PRACTICE TO DECEIVE!" (can't remember who said that, but it seemed appropriate!)

Look at the back of your sons insurance card. There should be a toll free number to call and report fraud, such as you are describing.

As for Daddy becoming angry, he should have thought about that before he started stealing from his insurance. My concern is that the insurance company may cancel his coverage, and that would include your children! If you have coverage on them, I wouldn't worry about it, though. He deserves what he's got coming to him! It's because of theives like him that the rest of us have to pay out the butt for insurance and healthcare!

God bless and good luck!

Pam

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">