• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please I'm Young & Need Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nookiewinn

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

I took over payments on a 2001 Chevy Cavalier when I was 17, I signed the contract that the man made up for me, well approximatley 3 months after that day I wrecked the car (3 days after my 18th birthday) I was unable to get the car out of impound right away and when I went to get it the owner of the car already picked it up, I contacted him a couple of weeks after that and told him I would pay for the damages to the car and I needed to arrange a meeting with him to get my things out of it. ( I had all my cloths except for 3 outfits in the trunk, dvds, cds, notebooks, pictures, 2 digital cameras, my wallet w/$700 in it and basically everything that meant something to me) ( I was in the process of moving) The man said to me I couldnt have my things that he will see me in court (i had already agreed to pay for the damages) and said for me to never call his house ever again. Well its been over a month since I talked to him and I need my things.

Can I even get my stuff back?

How do I go about it?

JETX

"Can I even get my stuff back? How do I go about it?"
*** Presumably, you have exhausted all normal processes to recover your property..... and even if you haven't, it is very likely that at least some of it would be missing (like the cash).
Your best bet would be to file a small claims suit against him for the value of the property left in the vehicle at the time. Of course, you will also have to prove that the property was there at the time.... at least to the satisfaction of the court.

N

Nookiewinn

Well the cops did pick up my car and did a personal belongings report, so I assume that will help out alot...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">