• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please reply with your opinion of my accident don't know what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stung

What is the name of your state? CA

i recently wrecked my car because a guy was chasing me i did not recognize the car and got scared. He was chasing me with his brites on and when i tried to slow down so he could pass me or pull beside me he kept his distance. THis went on for a while at varying speed, because i wanted to see if he was just following or actually chasing, I ended up wrecking,because i was scared, into an empty lot between two houses and took out a phone tower, nearly missing the neighborhood power box (which would have caused an explosion that would have likely killed me and my passenger). upon wrecking the guy pulls up and asks if i "wanted to race." When the cops show up they decide that the guy was a friend because i was acquainted with his passenger (who i had no idea was in the car until they pulled up)and that i must have been messing around. But i had never met the guy, so they decided that i was driving recklessly and was at fault for the accident and will now be recieving a reckless driving ticket, have to pay for the phone tower, and i have a wrecked car. Should i challeng who is at fault, should i sue, Do I have a case? What do you think I should do?

JETX

Q1) "Should i challeng who is at fault"
A1) No.

Q2) "should i sue"
A2) See A3.

Q3) "Do I have a case?"
A3) Against the other driver? No. Against the phone tower for jumping in front of you? Maybe. For being afraid of someone driving behind you? Yes. For trying to justify your reckless driving by TRYING to blame someone else? Yes. For assuming that ANYONE would fall for this lame story? Yes.

Q4) "What do you think I should do?"
A4) Learn that YOU are accountable for your own actions, learn responsibility, grow up, and take driving lessons.

Sheeeeeeese!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">