• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

plz help with property damage question..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

georgiapeach

:confused:What is the name of your state? georgia

my father died in a auto accident a couple of months ago... his car had a loan and a co-signer...we still have to settle the property damage... so my guestion is... the pay off for the car is.....8000.00...the settlement for the property damage is 10000.00...who gets the 2000.00 that's left over...... his kids? (he was single) or his co-signer?

thank you to anyone who can help me..

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
:confused:What is the name of your state? georgia

my father died in a auto accident a couple of months ago... his car had a loan and a co-signer...we still have to settle the property damage... so my guestion is... the pay off for the car is.....8000.00...the settlement for the property damage is 10000.00...who gets the 2000.00 that's left over...... his kids? (he was single) or his co-signer?

thank you to anyone who can help me..
What was the relationship between the co-signer and your father?
Did your father have a will?
How many kids are there?
Is this homework?

ecmst12

The leinholder has been paid off, so it will go to whoever is on the title. If the title is in both names, then the check will be made out to both names, and your father's friend will have to work it out with his estate. If it's only dad's name on the title, then the check will be made out to dad, and be distributed as the rest of his estate is distributed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">