• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police chase ends in ANOTHER crash

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HazelBazel

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

http://newsok.com/article/1670179/?template=home/main

This just happened this weekend. A friend and his family were house hunting in OKC. Passing through an intersection, my friend was hit by a vehicle that ran a stop light due to what appeared to be a pursuit by the police (two police cars were chasing the car without lights or sirens). My friend was broadsided. His wife and children were sent to the emergency room, but he was not allowed to go, despite the fact that he obtained a deep gash to the forehead. The driver in the other vehicle was also sent the hospital. My friend asked if he could get his personal effects from the vehicle and the police officer told him we was not allowed to enter the vehicle. The police officers then gave him a piece of paper (which did not have either police officers name on it) and left. They left him on the side of the road!! Something sounds VERY wrong here. My friend is Hispanic and although he understands English very well, he doesn't speak it well. He is very concerned and feels as if he was poorly mistreated by the police. What can he do about this? Is there any legal recourse? Thank you for any information you may have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">