• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

the police did nothing as I was attacked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lizasingl

What is the name of your state? Az
Today I went down to my car and there was a lady and a man saying they came to pick up my car for none payment. I knew was untrue and I ask them to prove it and call the company and the police. When I started to get into my car the lady grabbed me and tried pushing me away I go into the car from the passenger side she was shutting the door on my legs and I said please stop I am pregnant. The man came over from the driver side and pushes me into the middle frame between the seat .I start crying saying please call the police to those standing around I also ask him to let me go so I could call the proper people.
He grabbed my hand and twisted it .At this point my cousin came running out of his apartment he got the guy off of me and called the police. When the police came they would not take a report. They were laughing at this point talking with the repo people. I was shaking and could not stop my arm was hurting and my stomach was hurting as well. I told the police what had happen and I ask them to go talk to the witness standing around. The police said no. The police talk to the repo people and said if I pressed charges on them they will press charges on me. I said fine make the report please they said no it was not their problem. I have been in pain from an accident I was in, but now I can barely walk. What can I do? I feel that the police did nothing. The repo people find out they made a mistake and took off. What should I do? Was my legal right violated? I need to go now to the emergency room this has only added to my stress and pain. Who is at fault?

Help?????

Last edited:

HomeGuru

lizasingl said:
What is the name of your state? Az
Today I went down to my car and there was a lady and a man saying they came to pick up my car for none payment. I knew was untrue and I ask them to prove it and call the company and the police. When I started to get into my car the lady grabbed me and tried pushing me away I go into the car from the passenger side she was shutting the door on my legs and I said please stop I am pregnant. The man came over from the driver side and pushes me into the middle frame between the seat .I start crying saying please call the police to those standing around I also ask him to let me go so I could call the proper people.
He grabbed my hand and twisted it .At this point my cousin came running out of his apartment he got the guy off of me and called the police. When the police came they would not take a report. They were laughing at this point talking with the repo people. I was shaking and could not stop my arm was hurting and my stomach was hurting as well. I told the police what had happen and I ask them to go talk to the witness standing around. The police said no. The police talk to the repo people and said if I pressed charges on them they will press charges on me. I said fine make the report please they said no it was not their problem. I have been in pain from an accident I was in, but now I can barely walk. What can I do? I feel that the police did nothing. The repo people find out they made a mistake and took off. What should I do? Was my legal right violated? I need to go now to the emergency room this has only added to my stress and pain. Who is at fault?

Help?????
**A: when you get back from the ER, please tell us the diagnosis.

L

lizasingl

State ?AZ
I was released from the hospital on Monday 9th I went in on the 5th and went back on Monday 9th to be re-release on the 11th. I have went into premature labor 7 time since and been on heavy drugs. The police also came back to the hospital to take a full report. I not able to walk at all now until I have my baby , I have been put on complete bed rest. My arm was put in temp case until it heals.
so again what should i do. and i have removed all extra posting.

Wrongful Repossession.

Wrongful Repossession occurs if your vehicle is repossessed and you are not in default of your loan agreement. The failure to pay an installment payment on time or carry insurance on the vehicle are the most common types of loan agreement default. If you are in default, even if your payment is only one day late, your vehicle can probably be repossessed. Default is a matter of contract and can only be determined by a review of the contract

Breach of Peace.

However, even if there is a right to repossession, the repossession agent cannot Breach the Peace in conducting the repossession. That means that the repossession agent in repossessing the vehicle cannot: forcibly remove you from the vehicle; stop you on the street or highway like a law enforcement arrest; enter a closed garage or your home; break into your house; create a disturbance such as a fight or other altercation; threaten any of the above actions; or pretend to be a law enforcement officer while conducting the repossession. If any of these actions occurred you should immediately report the incident to law enforcement authorities and contact an attorney.

L

lizasingl

7 months

State? AZ

I am seven months. I just went in again last night for fright that I would go into labor and that pain in my hip has increased.

The police has told me now that the repossession company has file an assault charges towards me for kicking one of the 6'2 , 200lb man . were and how ,I don't know?

M

monnickasmommy

I would go find a attorney fast- I wish you luck with your baby _ and no you do not want to have it early I did with mine a month early and it is not fun in NICU- (However Scottsdale was a GREAT HOSPITAL and Ronald McDonald House was also fun)

Let them file take all your hospital records with you and everyone that saw it happen-

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">